Tuesday 2 August 2011

Happenings...

Hello all! 
Things have been a little frantic of late, and ultra sticky in this hot spell of weather that's been cast upon us! Phew! My three week exhibition with the Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen went up on Friday in Painswick, near Stroud and we had a lovely opening with wood-crafting legend John Makepeace, friends and family. It's definitely worth a little trip to; there's plenty of amazing and beautifully crafted ceramics, textile work, wood work and jewellery. Here's a peak at opening night:


The following day I held a stall over in Chalford, Stroud-way in a lovely old mill surrounded by crafts people and a few Alpacas for good measure. It was a nice, relaxed day followed by a nap (I never sleep in the day but feel absolutely frazzled in this weather / after exhibition-related decision making / open night wine drinking) and then caught the last Harry Potter film! Lovely weekend...


   

This week is mostly filled with a Prince's Trust business course I had enrolled onto at the beginning of the year, in the hope it would turn me into business woman-supreme! It's an amazing charity, with experts and advice I couldn't dream of affording. Luckily, my lovely friend Lavinia is also doing the week stint with me, fuelled with plenty of tea and biscuits- our creative minds have a tendency of wandering after 20 minutes of figures... It's fair to say you won't be seeing us on Dragons Den any time soon folks!

My problem is I want to do everything! X

No comments:

Post a Comment